Telecommunication infrastructure usually consist of tree kinds of networks:
2. Transport and
3. Core Network.
Fixed access network usually consists of MSAN / DSLAM / IP AN devices, as well as FR and ATM nodes. Mobile GSM network consists of several thousand base stations of Ericsson, Nokia or Siemens. Mobile 3G network consists of several hundrids base stations from Ericsson, Nokia and Huawei and etc.
Transport Network is composed of optical cable network, wired network, radio links, DWDM network and IP / MPLS network.
Fiber optic cable is synonym for modern transportation network and is used to transfer data (FE, GbE, 10GB), SDH (STM-1/64) or large capacity WDM (wavelength-division multiplexing) signals. The total length of optical fibers deposited in the network of country and we can divided into:
• the road network with optical cables;
• and territory in urban metro networks and access network
For example, OTN ( Optical Transport Network) / DWDM (Dense wavelength division multiplexing) technology enables:
• Multiple use of optical cables (per pair is transmitted over fiber optic channels) – DWDM systems with 32 and 40 optical channels (wavelengths) expandable to 80λ;
• Bandwidth of each channel: 10Gbit / s (during the development of signal transmission bandwidth of 40GB / s up to 100GB / s);
• Transfer of various formats (STM-16, STM-64-1 alienation, alienation-2, GbE, 10GB and FC);
• Transport organization in a hierarchical set of digital transport structures (OTU-1/OTU-2/OTU-3) standardized in ITU-T.
IP / MPLS network, one good example of architecture:
• core IP / MPLS Networks – Juniper Networks routers (T640 and M320)
• edge IP / MPLS Networks – Cisco Systems routers (series 7600, 7200 and 6500)
• MAN Networks – Cisco Systems routers (series 7600)
• Internet Gateway Router – Juniper Networks routers (T640)
• aggregation, equal access – Cisco Systems switches (Series ME3400, ME4900)
Core fixed network usually consists of analog in older parts and digital capacity. Analog capacities must be removed in futre. For Digital facilities it is on the equipment following manufacturers: Alcatel (Alcatel 1000 E10, Alcatel LS), Ericsson (Ericsson AXE), Huawei (Huawei MSAN, Huawei UA5000 IP) and Siemens (Siemens EWSD).
Every Telecommunications Company has switching system arranged in several locations depending on size. On these sites, there are management-switching systems manufacturers Ericsson, Huawei or Siemens who control the media gateway is the same manufacturer, as well as base station controllers BSC for GSM traffic and 3G base stations.
At different locations also must be situated several HLR’s manufacturer Ericsson or Nokia, a mobile management and transit-switching system.
Also is needed GPRS platforms with most popular SGSN manufacturer like NSN (Nokia Siemens Networks), Huawei, Cisco and etc.
For accurate functionality all of this places must have several basic service platform:
• SMS platform for short message transmission
• Charging platform for prepaid and postpaid users and applications for provisioning , electronic updates (eVoucher), user management (ChrisXpress).
• VMS Voice Mail System Fixed
• Video mail box
• MMS transmission Multimedia message producers Comverse
• VPN Platform (TSP) manufacturers Ericsson
• LDAP platform
• platform for the provisioning of HLR, ADC
• Automatic Device Configuration system for automatic configuration of the device
• Location Base System for providing location services,
• VIG – video gateway
• System to create, control and compliance reports for mCommerce, VAS services and Internet payment
• Billing system with mobile accounts, current accounts and credit card users in the banks
• system to provide PRBT (Personalized Ring Back Tone)
• SMPP rechrging system for prepaid credit paid from the user’s account or current account and credit card bank
• IPG system for charging credit card users through the internet manufacturer Nokia Siemens Networks
• Platform to control the content and delivery of value added (VAS- value added services), using SMS, MMS, WAP, USSD or other end-user technology.